I pretty much depend on my crockpot. Can you tell? I use a Hamilton-Beach slow cooker with 3 interchangeable crocks, in 2, 4 and 6 quart sizes. It has 3 heat settings. Between it and the portable dishwasher, my relationship with my snookums has been saved. 😉
We don’t eat a ton of red meat, but sometimes ya gotta have a sloppy joe. I have pleasant childhood associations with Manwich, but my sweetie does not. He was raised by a vegetarian! Oh, the chagrin! (Just kidding!!!) So, I combed the internet searching for something that we’d both like, and here’s what I found. This recipe is inspired by TK user afarmgirlsdabbles.
One big, happy meat family. I’ll try, from the left: chili powder, garlic, cumin, mortar and pestle, paprika, mustard seeds, dijon mustard, ground turkey, fire roasted tomatoes, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, sriracha, celery and onion. Phew!
Start by pre-browning the turkey meat and onions on the stove. Transfer to crock, toss in remaining ingredients, and stir it up. So easy. 🙂
Fire up that crock!
Come a little closer, I just wanna love you.
- -1 pound ground turkey
- -½ yellow onion, chopped
- -2 stalks celery, chopped
- -4 cloves garlic, minced
- -1 14 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- -3 tablespoons ketchup
- -⅓ cup sriracha
- -2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- -2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- -1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- -1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- -1 teaspoon chili powder
- -1 teaspoon cumin
- -¼ teaspoon paprika
- -black pepper and salt, to taste
- Brown your turkey and onions in a skillet.
- Drain off any unwanted excess liquid and transfer into slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients, stir, and cover.
- Set slow cooker to low, cook 4-6 hours.
- Makes 6-8 sandwiches.