Did you ever eat Fudge Rounds as a kid? Two soft moist little rounds filled with a fudgy cream and drizzled with a little chocolate. The bad thing about those is that if you squished it or bit down just right the filling would go everywhere except in your mouth. Well let me tell you something… I have cracked that cookie caper!
These delightful devils are extremely easy to make and they freeze well if you want to bake the dough at a later date. If you like chocolatey, cakey cookies then these are the ones for you. Personally, I’m a fan of cookies that have some substance to them and they have to be packed with flavor. Lucky for me these things are!
- 1 box of Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 2 eggs - room temp.
- 8oz of cream cheese - softened
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of sweetened cocoa powder (dutch processed)
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 cups of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven for 350F
- Cream the cream cheese, eggs, and vegetable oil together in a stand mixer until nicely blended.
- Add in your dry ingredients half at a time until everything is combined.
- Mix the chocolate chips last.
- Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough out with a 1 tablespoon ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
- Take out of the oven and leave them on the cookie sheet to finish baking for about 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve with a big ole' glass of milk
- These will keep up to a 10 days in a sealed container or if you freeze the dough it will last up to 3 months.