Do you like bacon? Do you like chocolate chip cookies? Obviously or why would you be reading this! This is one of my favorite recipes to make for friends, it always impresses. I discovered this recipe when I went on a paleo stint months ago.
I’ve always been a fan of gluten free baking. It’s really easier than people make it out to be. This recipe in particular is relatively easy to make from scratch. Fear not, these cookies are worth it!
- 5(ish) slices of nitrate-free bacon
- ¼ cup of pure maple syrup
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
Difficulty: can you cook bacon? can you make cookies? you can do this! I believe in you!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Makes 24 average sized cookies or one monster cookie if you’re a crazy person!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl combine ¼ cup maple syrup and bacon
- Spread the bacon on a parchment lined sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove bacon, allow to cool
- Crumble candied bacon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl
- Beat eggs and mix with ½ cup maple syrup and vanilla extract
- Combine wet and dry ingredients
- Add melted coconut oil in batter and blend
- Stir in bacon bits and chocolate chips, remember the measurements for these are really up to you. You add as much chocolate and bacon as you want you beautiful starchild!
- Form dough into balls made of about the size of a tablespoon and drop them onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes
- Let cook and enjoy!