When browsing the internet or Pinterest I’m fairly sure you’ve come across a plethora of recipes for minty-chocolately-things, St. Patty’s Day food/drinks, and Girl Scout cookies recently… right? Well, here’s where we combine all the things into a delicious adult beverage of sorts because anything worth doing is worth over doing. Can I get an AMEN!?!
I love all things that combine mint and chocolate… almost as much as I like things that combine pumpkin and chocolate. It’s refreshing and sweet! Plus, this last week we picked up some Girl Scout cookies that our niece persuaded us to buy. Not that it took that much persuading, that is.
Note about this beverage: It can be made sans-alcohol so don’t be afraid to try it both ways. That is, if you’re of legal drinking age of course. And as always, if you are drinking with alcohol – please be smart about it. I would hate to have to come over there and go kung fu on you. HI-YAAAAAAHHHHH!
- 1/4-2/3 cup of milk – depending on how thick you want this milk shake
- 4-5 scoops of premium vanilla ice cream. (Can substitute for chocolate, or mint chocolate if you want to KO on the mint-chocolate aspect)
- 4 Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies, roughly chopped or broken into big chunks
- 1 tablespoon of Cream De Menthe syrup
- 1.5 oz of Mint Chocolate Bailey’s Irish Cream (optional)
- Chocolate Syrup
- Green Food Coloring (optional)
- Fresh mint, for garnish (optional)
- Whipped Cream, for garnish (optional)
- Grab your blender and mix up your ice cream, milk, creme de menthe syrup, thin mints, food coloring, and bailey’s until smooth. If you like a thicker shake either add more ice cream or reduce the amount of milk you put in your drink.
- In a clean beer glass, drizzle your chocolate syrup around the sides of the glass to make it look purdy. The pour in the contents from your blender.
- Top with whipped cream, drizzle with a little more chocolate syrup and garnish with a mint sprig. ENJOY!
See that wasn’t so hard now was it?! Do you have a favorite St. Patty’s Day beverage? Are you planning on going out that night? If so, tell us in the comments below. We’re always up for trying new and tasty beverages!