Summertime has officially arrived in Oklahoma. It was reasonably mild up until the last few weeks… when summer reared it’s blazing-hot head. With days in the high 90s, it’s just another typical southern summer. I don’t have to like it, but I can at least take advantage of a few things: like staying cool!
Summer is also the time of year we can get away with lots of fruity, frozen libations. Yummy! Normally, my blender only comes out for special occasions – just because it’s kind of a pain to clean. Nevertheless, I love frozen, blended drinks. Smoothies, Slushies, Frapps, etc… I also like to experiment with classic cocktails to make them even better.
Last night I decided to conquer the strawberry daiquiri. It was a delicious victory.
Summertime DaiquiriGive your blender a workout then kick back and relax!
Makes 1 – 16oz daiquiri
- 1oz of each of the following: pineapple rum, coconut rum, triple sec
- 2/3 cup of roasted balsamic strawberries (Grab the recipe HERE)
- 1 strawberry for garnish, optional
- 1.5 cup of ice
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced – save a thin slice for garnish, optional
- Sugar, optional, for garnishing
- Whip cream for garnish, optional
- Toss everything except the whip cream, a thin slice of lime, and the berry for garnish in a blender. Puree till everything is all smooth.
- Before you pour the contents of your blender into a large goblet or glass, run the lime wedge over the rim of your glass and then dip your glass in some sugar. It’s fancy. Then garnish with whipped cream, lime wedge, and strawberry. Voila!
Let us know what you think about our little libation either in the comments below or showing us your recreation via photo on our Facebook Page or tweet it to us!
And as always, please drink responsibly.
What sort of libations do you like to enjoy during those hot summer days? Let us know in the comments below!