Nerdship, I love a bad boy. I can’t help myself. So, it will come as no surprise that I adore Marvel’s Loki.
If I’m completely honest with you, I didn’t even watch Thor until about six weeks before The Avengers was coming out, mostly because I generally find Thor pompous and annoying. But a very good friend of mine was like, “Trust me, you’ll find something you like.”
And then Loki showed up with his face and his snark and his issues and there were hearts in my eyes. I mean, look at him:
You see my dilemma.
So, in honor of both Ragnarok and the DVD release of Thor: The Dark World, I’ve concocted a drink in honor of the God of Mischief. It’s a little sweet, a little spicy, and packs a deceptively strong punch.
- 3 oz. Whiskey – I prefer Jameson. (So does Tom Hiddleston.)
- 6 oz. Ginger Ale – the spicier, the better.
- 1 oz. Sour Mix
- 1 ½ tbsp of Key Lime Simple Syrup (Click here for Directions)
- Ice – for the shaker and for your glass
- Fill your shaker with ice.
- Next, add the whiskey.
- Then, pour in the ginger ale.
- Almost done – add sour mix and key lime syrup.
- Shake – very gently. I learned this the hard way when, on my first try, I shook too hard and the shaker exploded all over me. This is why I’m not a bartender.
- Pour into a pint glass over ice.
- Enjoy while plotting the downfall of your pesky brother.
If you like the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Loki and are looking to branch out into reading comics, start with Kieron Gillen’s run on Journey Into Mystery – ISSUES 622 through 645, which lead directly into Gillen and Jamie McKelvie’s reboot of Young Avengers.
As always – please drink responsibly. You don’t want Heimdall catching you being ridiculous. He will put it up on YouTube.
If you make this drink, please let us know what you think of it. We love hearing from you guys so don’t be shy. Feel free to leave us a comment below or on our Facebook page … or if you’re feeling really snazzy tweet us!